Are you ready to develop your personal practice and become a knowledgeable,
skilful and compassionate teacher?
The SPACE Yoga Studio Foundational Teacher training is founded on our passion to share yoga and empower students to take the next step in their knowledge of the body and movement, yoga philosophy, pranayama and meditation. This comprehensive (300hr) course at Brighton & Hove’s premier yoga school will foster a deeper understanding of your own practice and lead to greater self-awareness. The course will also provide you with a strong teaching methodology, an excellent technical understanding of asana and human anatomy, as well as thorough knowledge of the traditions and philosophy of yoga. Teaching practice will be lead and inspired by Catia and Sarah’s background in Vinyasa Flow; together they have over 15,000 hours of teaching experience, and bring alternative but complementary approaches to your course. SPACE is also delighted to have Dr Matthew Clark (Philosophy) and Graham Stones (Anatomy and Physiology) on the faculty.
Carefully designed for those who desire a complete, in-depth training, this life-changing 9-month programme includes 100hrs of mentored self-study to prepare and support you as you tread your path as an experienced practitioner and budding yoga instructor.
Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years consistent yoga practice. Attendance for all course modules is compulsory and graduation depends on successful completion of all elements of the course. There are limited places and students new to SPACE Yoga Studio, or who have not practised with Sarah and Catia before, are required to attend an interview and a class at our studio in Brighton.
- Introduction to the yoga philosophy of the main schools of yoga, as well as the evolution of modern/Western postural yoga;
- Led asana, pranayama and meditation practice;
- Examination of your own practice as a foundation for your teaching, including: commitment to self-practice, reflective practices, teaching practice and class observations;
- Basic Sanskrit
- Deconstruction of key postures, alignment and modifications;
- Ethical and sensitive verbal and manual assists;
- Guided practice of pranayama, meditation, kriyas and chanting;
- Savasana and restorative practices;
- Teaching methodology – how to use your voice with confidence and authenticity and how to use relatable language;
- Smart sequencing and curriculum planning;
- Working as a yoga teacher;
- Foundational anatomy and physiology in relation to yoga;
- How to teach in a Vinyasa Flow style that is effective, inspiring and suitable for your students.
Each student will be assigned a mentor for the course, and there will be 100 hours advised non-contact time consisting of:
- Reading and assignments
- Class/workshop attendance
- Home practice
- Class observations
- Mentor/study meetings
- 2 class teaching observations
Fully recognised by Yoga Alliance Professionals we are committed to providing each trainee with a comprehensive 9-month programme providing tools to develop your curiosity, evolution as a practitioner, and abilities to be an effective and powerful instructor.
On successful completion of the course (attendance, assignments, assessment and practice log) students will receive the SPACE Yoga School Foundational Teacher Training Certificate (200hr).
Fridays 13:30-18:00, Saturdays 9:00-18:00 & Sundays 9:00-18:00
- September 20,21 & 22
- October 18, 19 & 20
- November 15, 16 & 17
- December 13, 14 & 15
- January 17,18 & 19
- February 14, 15 & 16
- March 20, 21 & 22
- April 17, 18 & 19
- May 15, 16 & 17
- June 19, 20 & 21
£3000 (early bird £2800 before 31st March)
£500 deposit non-refundable. Payment can be made in a lump sum or instalments.
Information and Q&A sessions will be held at SPACE
from 1 pm – 2 pm on 18th May